So let’s find out if February was a failure or a success in terms of ChÜberlist completions. What was the list again?
1. Lose 10% of my current total body weight. – HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am not even thinking about this. It’s fucking March already, though, so I should do something. OH—I am drinking more water and am basically caffeine free so that’s a pretty big deal. I drink Caffeine Free Diet Coke because I guess this is my version of vaping. Also, I’m sure the sodium has some kind of hook on me, too, but all the water drinking is good.
2. Practice better drug adherence. – I have been better; I think I’ve only maybe missed doses once a week or so which is an incredible improvement.
3. Get a haircut that I can maintain. – Still ponytailing it around. Maybe next month…
4. Sleep like a normal human being. – LOL, yeah, NO
5. Be conscious about my appearance. – I bought a new pair of jeans that isn’t tattered at the cuffs or crotch Or is 10 years old. What sucks though, is that they are HUGE on me and the next size down is a gut sucker. So I have to get a belt now?
1. I need a meal plan. – So I’ve had this dry erase calendar in my kitchen for years and I am using to plan meals. Unfortunately, I only used it for one week (but I do have a breakfast list on there which we are sticking to)
2. I need a chore schedule. – Okay, I don’t have a schedule, but I have been doing things to try and keep myself more on task. Por ejemplo: I have a daily set of Corelle dishes but also mixed pieces that we’ve kept over the years. All of those dinner plates and dessert plates have been washed, plastic wrapped and put away so that I have to do dishes more regularly. It also forces me to hand wash things when necessary instead of just leaving it for next time.
3. Major Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter cleaning. – I’ve been throwing out a ton of stuff. I cleaned out the kitchen desktop and cabinet; trashed all the mismatched glasses and mugs that haven’t been used for 15 years. This wasn’t even enough to donate—have you ever been in a thrift store? They have enough fucking Christmas mugs.
4. Get the ice maker fixed. – nay
5. Stop procrastinating on all of the minor repairs and projects. Here is a preliminary list of things that need to get done:
– mount and display Josh’s Tae Kwon Do belts and certificates
– hang blinds and curtains in kitchen
– regroup and hang family pictures
– hang up artwork that I bought 10 years ago OR donate it
– replace towel bars in kids’ bathroom and half bath
– repaint any rooms that need to be repainted (It’s been a long time and the kids’ rooms especially need paint in my opinion.)
Of course I did something not on this list but it still counts: I replaced the fluorescent light fixture in the kitchen over the desk. That was a pain in the ass because I never have the right tools, this house is 30 years old with 30 year old “fixes” and it’s hard to see with the power off. However, it works, I didn’t burn the house down and I didn’t electrocute myself.
1. Enforce a consistent school, practice, wake up and bedtime routine. – This worked for about two weeks. I need to get back on it.
2. School at the library or park once a week. – We’ve been pretty consistent about this one. I think we’ve maybe missed once?
3. Have lesson plans one month in advance. –I’m almost done with February! Oh wait, that’s not right.
4. Be more regimented on practice for extra curricular activities. – UGH
5. Help the kids stay on task with cleaning their rooms. – This is actually going pretty well. Their rooms are always going to be messy because they’re kids (Robin’s more than Josh’s) but they stay on task better. Little habits, little habits.
No need to list; I’ve done absolutely nothing.
1. Revamp the fish tanks. – I’ve started!
2. Wash my car once a month (inside and out) – I half assed it, but I did clean out some stuff.
So I have been doing things to try to improve my life. I think march will be better for no reason other than to be hopeful. A lot of things got in the way this past month like meetings with teachers, car accident, the Mr’s birthday and Valentine’s Day. Months with holidays always throw the proverbial wrench in your schedule.
Overall, I’m not disappointed at my progress. I need to speed it up, but this isn’t a bad start out of the gate.